Fully preparing your home for sale can make a considerable difference in the time it takes to sell it. You can help eliminate buyer objections before they arise by making necessary repairs and improvements, some of which are suggested below.
- Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery and replace dead plants
- Yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be clean and in good shape
- Clean or paint your front door - remember first impressions last the longest!
- Manicure your front yard; make sure your driveway and entryway are free of clutter
- Check that house numbers, mailbox, and exterior lighting are all in good condition
- Touch up with fresh paint as needed
- Inspect chimney for cracks or earthquake damage
- Repair loose trim, drain pipes, and fencing
- Clean stains and window screens
- Apply fresh paint as needed... think about brightening your interiors with neutral-toned paint
- Clean carpets
- Replace burnt out light bulbs
- Clean the fireplace and remove smoke stains from the wall and mantle
- Clean window coverings
- Replace damaged window blinds
- Sinks, appliances, and counter tops should sparkle; remove any clutter
- Clean the oven, range, and other appliances
- Clean tile and grout; replace if necessary
- Clean mirrors, glass, chrome, and porcelain surfaces
- Replace shower curtain if necessary
- Fix any faucet drips or leaks
- Clean grout and caulking; replace if necessary
- Doors and drawers should open and close easily
- Remove clutter; tidy up shelves and racks
- Shoes and clothes should be neatly arranged
- Remove clutter and tidy up the shelves
- Clean the floor
- Check the basics around the house. It takes just a minute to check all doors, windows and cabinets to make sure they don't stick, squeak or are too loose
- Clean your furnace and water heater so buyers know they are looking at a house that has been well maintained
Chicago Homes Connection Inc.
Offering Most reliable real estate services for buyers, sellers and investors.
With our special Sell Your House For One Percent, we’re able to help more people sell homes and keep more money in their pockets. Selling your house fast and for top dollar is our number one priority.
Chicago Homes Connection, Inc.
Chicago, IL 60631